The retainer fee includes up to five hours of examination time and is non-refundable. Examinations involving significant travel or significantly more time than an estimated five hours may require a retainer equivalent to the daily examination rate times the estimated number of days for the examination.
Amounts above and beyond $2,500.00 (plus non-refundable expenses) is refundable.
2. Hourly Examination Fee – $350.00/hr. , $3,500.00/day
This charge is for all examination and travel time (outside Orlando and Tallahassee areas) in excess of the four hours covered by the retainer fee. Examinations outside of the Orlando or Tallahassee areas are on a portal-to-portal basis. Overnight travel will be billed at the daily rate for the initial travel date, return date and any additional appearance date(s).
3. Indented Writing Examinations – $50.00 per sheet
The examination for indented writings often involves the use of an electrostatic detection device. There is a charge of $50.00 per image. Any image with evidentiary value will be included with the written report. This charge is for the images only. Hourly rates apply to the time necessary to conduct these
4. Court Appearance Fees – $1,400 up to 4 hours (0-4 hrs), $350 per hour thereafter / $3,500.00 per day
These fees apply on a portal-to-portal basis. These fees apply to travel time, appearance at site or town, waiting time, courtroom testimony and testimony preparation whether testimony is actually given or not. These fees also apply for off-site streaming testimony. Testimony may require an advance equivalent to the approximated cost to include portal-to portal time for travel and testimony, chart preparation, mileage, and lodging. Overnight travel will be billed on a daily basis for the initial travel date, appearance date(s), and return date. Examination payments must be up to date prior to appearance.
5. Deposition Appearance/Interrogatory Fees – $1,400 up to 4 hours (0-4 hrs), $350 per hour thereafter / $3,500.00 per day
These fees apply on a portal-to-portal basis. Fees for depositions and interrogatories are required in advance. Local (Orlando or Tallahassee areas) in-person and streaming depositions require an advance of $1,400.00. Depositions outside of the Orlando area will require an advance equivalent to the
approximated cost to include portal-to portal time for travel and testimony, mileage, requested research time, and lodging. Overnight travel will be billed on a daily basis for the initial travel date, appearance date(s), and return date.
6. “On-call” Fees – $250.00/hr.
While on-call for local on-site testimony a fee of $250.00 per hour is charged.
7. Office Fees
Regular and customary charges are made for such items as photocopies and facsimile transmissions.
8. Travel Fees
A. Automobile travel – $0.50 per mile
B. B. Out-of-town travel
* Airline tickets are to be prepaid by client unless other arrangements have been made. International travel or travel time over 2 hours will require business class or higher.
* Necessary car rental, hotel, taxi or meal expenses will be reimbursed to expert. Expected overnight travel may require prepayment of estimated expenses and fees.